The College Blog? Little Boys Cry Too...

As I have unrelentingly been unproductive besides a few SAT questions, I have decided to grace the internet, once again, with my awe-inspiring virtual presence.

"You cry like a little girl!"
This blog is probably going to become a lot more academic since I am so caught up in the 'A-levels' and 'SATs'. (HAHA KIDDING. WHAT IS 'ALEVELS'?)

Okay so now to address the elephant in the room, or rather the webpage, little boys cry too. Two words; watch Whiplash. The drum teacher, JK Simmons, yells at Miles Teller and says something along the lines of 'You cry like a little girl' or 'Stop being such a nine-year old girl'? IDK.

(#shoutout to my cousin, Mansheel Kaur Randhawa from Kuala Lumpur who gave me this idea)

Moving on... Why is this such AN insult? #FEMINISM My cousin said she felt really uncomfortable when she watched the trailer with us, 'us' being a bunch of my male cousins' male friends (one of which I really really liked at one point/just throwing it out there) , my younger female cousin and myself at a Christmas dinner. And I totally understand why she would.
Since when does being a girl become a bad thing? Since forever. Even when we're in the womb, people want to kill us. China's One Child Policy lead to millions of female foetuses being aborted simply because parents wanted one male child.

It seemed like a slap on the face, to Miles Teller's character and no one watching questioned that. That disturbs me. A woman holds up half the sky.

#proudtobeagirl

xoxoxoxo,
me



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sock and a half

Migozarad

A Faraway Loving