Us



on my knees anno domini the church is silent
oscar walks to the priest and weeps, no longer violent
the shaved head, the high cheekbones, he is almost
beautiful and I long for him to love me

virgen de guadalupe mi vida 
mi amor
he begs for forgiveness 
the candles are lit and incense floats 

the ache spreads like liquid fire inside of me
instead of exploding doing the reverse
becoming a blackhole threatening to engulf everything
sucking in my emotions

until I can feel no more. Our Father
who art in heaven
and then we fall into each other
a fierce tangible but invisible love

leaving no permanent trace which almost
devastates me more. his teardrop tattoo glistens
and appears to give him the look of always
crying but never really doing so

he looks me in the eye and caresses the small of my back
it took me so long to find you,
i say
and he says
so it will take me even longer to leave you
and 

at this, i understand patience is virtuous
gracias virgen de guadalupe
our Mother who art in the hearts inside 
of Us. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sock and a half

Migozarad

A Faraway Loving