The Fat Cat

The fat cat lay on the rug,
Reclining and declining,
My love and hope for it-
Somehow saying it was not my equal.

The cat had green eyes and the eyes were
wise beyond its years and kin.
The cat was me and I was the cat.

In a flash of similarity striking like lightning,
a scene replaying before my eyes,
Titled deja vu by the believers,
Madness by the sceptics.

My hand is reaching out in time to
touch the cat but when I come close,
it disappears, into a bell jar,
Down a tunnel,
A rabbit hole?

You cannot become yourself if you already are,
the cat was running from me, and I became lost,
In a forest of trees, like Alice,
I saw a door, and stepped in and
the door closed and cake I took a bite!

The door disappeared and the fat cat was gone,
and when I woke up, I was here.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sock and a half

Migozarad

A Faraway Loving