Blood Fields



Oh, beta, why do you weep so,
How has it comes to this, lo 
Take this handkerchief and dry your tears,
Where are your mama papa to calm your fears?

Oh, beta, don't cry na,
Why do you carry such bloody rags? Ja dekhlo
What is your name and where do you come from,
You know, na, look just like my son,
Hanji, I had one once, and he looked just like you...
And daughters, daughters I had two.

Chal, koee na, 
How about I tell you a story?
This story starts long ago,
Nobody really knew its beginning
and no one really knows the end
but everyone remembers what came in between,
I called it the blood fields.

Shhhh, beta ,
Did you come from the blood fields too?
They told me to run and I think you must have come from there,
Did they tell you to run?
Its alright, beta,
Come we'll go together.

And together we'll go,
I think sometimes you need to leave to find yourself,
but sometimes you can never really leave, you know?
If they ask us where we're going- we must say, 'We don't know.'
And if they ask us about the blood fields, we always say 'no'.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sock and a half

Migozarad

A Faraway Loving